While prototyping a custom DMS asset handler today I managed to locate actual instructions on configuring your own QuickLink handlers for specific assets. However confusing it may be that these instructions were found in the “Users Manual”, I am just glad I was able to locate it fairly quickly.
Updating Default Template for Multiple Quicklinks
WARNING! This procedure is only necessary if Link Management is set to false in your web.config file. If if Link Management is set to true, Ektron CMS400.NET automatically updates the template within the quicklink when content is moved. See your system administrator for help with the web.config file.
NOTE This action can only be performed on quicklinks. When content is moved in Ektron CMS400.NET, its quicklink does not get changed. After it is moved, you need to update the default template called in the content’s quicklink. To update the default template for one or more quicklinks, follow these steps.
- In the library, access the quicklinks folder containing quicklinks you want to update.
- Click the Update Quicklinks button.
- The Update URL Link Template Quicklinks screen is displayed.
- Check the quicklinks you want to update. NOTE Check the box in the table header to select or deselect all.
- In the To: text field, enter the name of the template you want to apply to the selected quicklinks. Last User to Edit Last user that made changes to the quicklink or form. Last Edit Date The date the quicklink or form was last edited. Date Created The date and time the quicklink or form was originally added to the Ektron CMS400.NET library. Field Description Library Folder Ektron CMS400.NET User Manual, Version 7.5 155
- Click the Update Quicklinks button to update the changes. A confirmation message is displayed.
- Click OK to continue. The selected quicklinks are updated to use the specified template.
These instructions can also be found in the Ektron User’s Manual