So I finally decided to take the plunge into the unknown. Granted it was more like a fathomless abyss than the unknown, but you get the point. I have spent the past couple of days creating the ‘Skowronek PHPBB to WordPress’
migration application using .NET and I am quite pleased with the results. If anyone is interested in how I did it, sent me an e-mail and I’ll consider posting my findings. The only caveat is that the PHPBB data was stripped of all comments in the migration, but then again, I mostly had moles posting casino, corn (with a P), and other such rubbish anyway, so no harm no foul.